Table of Contents
What is male infertility & male infertility meaning ?
infertility is the inability to become pregnant after 12 months or more of regular sexual intercourse without contraception connecting a male and female partner.
Male infertility is means that a man is incapable to conceive a child. Male infertility causes variety reason . This are low sperm count, sperm motility, morphology, poor sperm quality and blockages in the reproductive tract. It havw medication, surgery, or assisted reproductive technology.
Common causes of male infertility ?
There are many different reasons which can cause to male infertility.
common causes of male infertility :
- low sperm count.
- hormonal imbalances,
- genetic defects,
- health conditions such as diabetes.
- Other common causes of male infertility include blockages in the reproductive tract, sexually transmitted infections, and exposure to certain chemicals or medications.
- Semen is usually a whitish-gray color bodily fluid that is secreted by the gonads of male.Semen contains of fluid and sperm It carries sperm or the spermatozoa and fructose and other enzymes that help the sperm to unite of the ovum.Sperm is produced testis.The following problem may occur male partner.
· Low sperm count/ Oligozospermia Or Oligospermia :
- Perfect sperm count 15ml/ml . If man eajculated sperm is lower than 15ml/1ml is called Low sperm count/ Oligozospermia Or Oligospermia. Around one third of couples are not conceiving for lower sperm count or Oligospermia.
Asthenozoosspermia Or Asthenospermia :
- Motility enables the sperm to travel up the cervical canal, via the uterus to the fallopian tubes and penetrate the egg that is the sperm “strong swimmers .This is sperm motility . If Reduce sperm motility this condition of male partner is called Asthenozoosspermia Or Asthenospermia .
Teratozoospermia Or Teratospermia :
- Normal sperm morphology is following:If Increase sperm with abnormal sperm morphology it can not swimming forward or straight . This condition is Teratozoospermia Or Teratospermia .
Azoospermia Or Aspermia :
Lack of sperm / Absence of sperm cells in semen. Only semen contain seminal fluid .
Hypopermia :If ejaculate semen volume less than 1.5 ml this is a condition called Hypopermia.
- Autoimmunity: Antisperm antibodies Which is responsible sperm cells damage.
- Overheated testicles : Sperm development is called spermatogenesis. Each spermatogenesis cycle has on six step. The period of each cycle is about 16 days. Five cycles are essential to manufacture one mature sperm.Overheating testicles may reduce spermatogenesis, the sperm count, also wearing tight clothing, or working on a laptop for extended periods and others medical reason incorporate hormonal imbalances, sperm duct defects, undescended testicles, and tumors. Sperm friendly tempature in scrotal area is about 2 to 5 degrees .
- Age:It is a very important factor both male & female .Male fertility to start reducing after 40 years.
- Ejaculation disorders: Ejaculatory dysfunction may occurs if ejaculatory ducts are blocked. .ejaculating semen not on time, back into bladder or not at all.
- Hormonal imbalance: reduction or absence of hormone secretion or other physiological activity of the testes .
- Genetic factors: chromosomal conditions that affect sperm production and testicles will build up abnormally and Also hormonal imbalance such as low testosterone and a reduce sperm count or no sperm.
- Smoking: It decreased sperm concentration, motility and abnormal sperm morphology, and increased sperm DNA damage.
- Mumps:Mumps may affect other glands in the body, the central nervous system and the testicles. 1 in 10 men experience a drop in their sperm count after
- Hypospadias:an inherited condition in males in which the opening of the urethra is on the underside of the penis.the urethra transmit semen out of the body, it may be difficult for the sperm swimming to reach female’s cervix
- Cystic fibrosis:Most of the man cystic fibrosis blocked or absence the sperm canal which is called congenital bilateral absence of the vas deferens (CBAVD). The sperm never come into semen so it is impossible for sperm to reach the fallopian tube for fertilization.
- Sulfasalazine:This anti-inflammatory drug which prescribed for rheumatoid arthritis and chronic disease .It reduce the sperm quality
- Radiation therapy: It is reduced sperm counting and testosterone levels.
- Some diseases:Males anemia ,diabetes, thyroid problems may reduce sperm quality .
- Anabolic steroids: Bodybuilder and athletes take long term androgenic steroids it can causes oligospermia, azoospermia reduce testosterone and gonadotropic hormone.
- Chemotherapy:Chemotherapy drugs used for cancer which destroy his sperm.
- Illegal drugs: It may reduced sperm quality.
- Exposure to chemicals: Pesticides may reduced sperm quality.
- Excess alcohol consumption: it is reduced sperm count,sperm motility and sperm morphology.
- Overweight or obesity: This may also reduce reduced sperm quality and reduce fertilization.
- Mental stress: this effct on erectile dysfunction and premature and retrograde ejaculation and reduce fertility.
Read more : What is Ovulation?
Treatment of male infertility ?
Now a days have advances in the treatment of male infertility. There are a different treatment options for men with infertility, depending on the underlying cause.
Most of the cases :
- Fertility drugs may be used to increase sperm production.
- blockage is preventing sperm from being released, surgery may be necessary to correct the problem. In other hand
- assisted reproductive technologies (ART) like in vitro fertilization (IVF) may be used.
Male infertility herbal supplements ?
There are a some of herbal supplements which improve male fertility. Some of the most popular include ginseng, maca, and Tribulus terrestris. Herbal supplements are commonly considered safe.
What are 4 causes of male infertility ?
causes of male infertility are following:
· Antibodies attack sperm
· Hormone Imbalance
Male infertility test ?
A male infertility several type of test to diagnose cause of the infertility.
- Semen analysis
- Hormonal test
Male infertility know how ?
If you are inability to become pregnant after 12 months or more of regular sexual intercourse without contraception connecting a male and female partner. Then you can feel it may cause by male infertility.
Male infertility supplements ?
There are a various number of supplements thats improve male fertility. However, there is scientific evidence to support improve male fertility.Most of the general supplements include vitamins C and E, Co-enzyme Q10, and zinc. These nutrients are important for sperm health, there is no final evidence that they improve fertility. you can take any supplements to improve your fertility.
Read more: Sign & symptoms of blocked fallopian tubes
Male infertility rates ?
According to a recent study, 33 percent over the past decade.
Is male infertility curable ?
Yes, male infertility is curable in many cases. There are a different of treatments available that can help men who are struggling with male infertility..
male infertility is genetic ?
some men are born with genetic defects that can cause male infertility. In fact, many men who are infertile do not have any known genetic defects.